- ½ lb. uncooked whole wheat pasta
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 fresh Hass avocados*, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. shaved or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions. Once cooked, drain and place in a large mixing bowl over arugula and diced avocado.
- While pasta is cooking, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning and spread in a thin layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 6-8 minutes until pink. Remove from oven and add to pasta, avocado and arugula and gently toss to combine.
- Add lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil to pasta mixture and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Heart-Check Recipe Certification does not apply to serving suggestions unless expressly stated.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 350; Total Fat 17 g (Sat 3 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 11 g); Cholesterol 95 mg; Sodium 530 mg; Potassium 620 mg; Total Carbohydrate 35 g; Dietary Fiber 8 g; Sugars 2 g; Protein 18 g; Vitamin A 480 IU; Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 110 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 95 mcg.
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 Calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
*Note: Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.