- 1 tablespoon oil (I like to use grapeseed oil for sauteeing vegetables)
- 2 large zucchini, cut longways then in half moons
- 2 yellow squash, cut longways then in half moons
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- juice of one lime
- a palmful of chopped cilantro (or culantro)
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add sliced zucchini, squash and jalapeno (if using) to pan and gently toss. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes, tossing every now and then to ensure even cooking.
- Once vegetables are lightly browned and softened, turn off heat. Toss vegetables with lime juice and cilantro, season with salt and pepper.
Keywords: zucchini, squash, cilantro, lime, side dish