Roasted Green Beans with Almonds is a simple side dish that is perfect for holiday entertaining or to serve alongside your favorite weeknight meal.
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon zest
- lemon juice, from half lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the green beans in a large baking dish with the oil and sliced onion and season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast until just cooked through and slightly browned, about 15 to 18 minutes. Combine the almonds and zest in a small bowl. Sprinkle zest and almonds over green beans and toss. Roast for another 3-5 minutes, careful not to let almonds brown too much.
- Transfer green beans to a platter and squeeze juice from half lemon over green beans. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Keywords: green beans, almonds, lemon