- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 peppers (anaheim, cubanelle, poblano or jalapeno) of your choice
- squeeze of fresh lime juice or a couple splashes of red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of cilantro, torn
- whole wheat tortillas
- shredded cheddar
- salsa (here’s my favorite homemade salsa)
- In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, pepper, lime or vinegar, salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Using a fork, gently mash all the ingredients until they just start to come together.
- Spoon your filling into the center of your tortilla, topping the filling with shredded cheese and a tablespoon or two of salsa.
- Tuck in the sides of your tortilla and tightly roll up your burrito.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.