- 1/2 lb whole wheat rotini pasta (you can use whatever shape you have)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- big pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 large handfuls kale, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 – 1 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (use more if you like)
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Season turkey with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add chopped kale and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, until soft. Add 1/4 cup pasta water to turkey and kale mixture. Season with a little salt and pepper. Turn off heat when kale is soft.
- When pasta is ready, use a large slotted spoon to transfer cooked pasta to turkey and kale mixture in skillet (or drain pasta in sink and add drained pasta). Add pesto to pasta, turkey and kale and toss until combined. Add feta and gently toss. Serve with tomato wedges and kalamata olives.
I used my favorite Calphalon Unison Everyday Skillet for this recipe.
Keywords: pasta, pesto, ground turkey