- 2 medium very ripe avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and cut up (ripe = soft to touch, if they are hard, let sit out on counter or in open paper bag to ripen)
- 1/2 of a small onion, chopped
- 1/2 of 4 oz can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 TB chopped fresh cilantro (or more if you are me!)
- 1 TB lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped and seeded (to seed just halve the tomato and squeeze out juice/seeds), optional
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl. Smash avocado with fork, mix to combine.
- I usually leave mine a little chunky, but mixed well.
Recipe from Pink Plaid Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook
Keywords: avocado, guacamole