1.5 lbs chicken breast, sliced into thin cutlets
1 cup flour, for dredging (I use whole wheat flour)
salt and pepper
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 TB olive oil
8 oz container of fresh sliced mushrooms
12 oz frozen artichoke hearts, quartered (if you can’t find frozen, use canned and drain)
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
2 lemons, juiced
1 TB butter
- In a large shallow plate mix together flour, lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder. Add salt if your lemon pepper is a low salt version.
- Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil in a hot non stick skillet over medium high heat. Dredge chicken cutlets into flour mixture, shake off excess flour, and carefully place into hot skillet. Brown chicken for approximately 4-5 minutes on each side. Season with extra fresh ground pepper if desired. Once chicken is browned, take out of pan and place on plate.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus into skillet and start to saute. Season with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Cook vegetables for about 3-5 minutes, or until mushrooms start to brown and soften. Add artichoke hearts, lemon juice and chicken stock. Place chicken back into pan and let everything cook together, gently stirring sauce over chicken. Cook uncovered over medium low heat for approximately 8-10 minutes. Sauce will thicken only slightly. Add butter at the end of the cooking process and gently toss.
- To serve, spoon additional sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with brown rice or quinoa.