- 3/4 lb fresh flounder filet (or any fresh, firm white fish), cut small in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2–3 lemons)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3–4 limes)
- big pinch coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 red pepper, diced small
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- juice from one lime
- drizzle of olive oil
- pinch coarse salt and pepper
- small round rice crackers, for serving
- To prepare the ceviche: combine cut pieces of fish and red onion into a large shallow bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover fish pieces completely lemon and lime juices and gently toss to combine. Wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator for up to 2 1/2 hours (stirring halfway through) until fish is white and “cooked” through.
- To prepare the salad: using a slotted spoon, transfer fish and red onion to new bowl (without the juices). Add red pepper, jalapeno and parsley and dress with lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine. Set out your crackers on your serving platter and spoon a small amount of ceviche on each cracker. Serve immediately.