- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2–3 cloves pressed or minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of dried thyme
- big pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper in bowl.
- Using a whisk, slowly stream in olive oil and whisk into vinegar mixture. You will see it thicken up a bit (emulsifying) while combining.
- Store in a jar with a tight lid in the refrigerator after using. Always give the dressing jar a couple of shakes before serving. In my opinion, best at room temperature, so take it out a few minutes before using.
I tend to like more vinegar/acid in my salad dressings, so feel free to add more oil to your taste.
Keywords: greek, salad dressing, lemon