- 6 4oz salmon filets (or 1 1/2 lbs salmon)
- 2 mandarins (or clementines), juiced
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, crushed
- big pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Preheat broiler. Set rack 2-3 levels down from top of broiler.
- In a small bowl combine juice of mandarins (or clementines), honey, paprika, almonds, salt and pepper.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a roasting pan. Place each salmon filet on roasting pan. Drizzle oil lightly over salmon fillets and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon honey-mandarin-almond sauce evenly over each salmon filet. Be sure to spread the almonds and juice so that top of salmon is covered.
- Place in oven and broil for 8-10 minutes until salmon is cooked through and flakes with a fork. Be careful not to burn the almonds (reason for lowering rack in oven).