- 1 lb wild salmon filets
- lemon pepper seasoning
- pinch salt and pepper (check to see how much salt is already in your lemon pepper seasoning first)
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 – 3 whole wheat pita pockets (split into 4 – 6 halves)
- fresh baby spinach leaves
- sliced red bell pepper
- sliced red onion
- Cucumber and Feta Greek Yogurt Dip
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your broiler.
- Place salmon filets on lightly greased aluminum foil lined broiler pan or baking sheet. Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle liberally with your favorite lemon pepper seasoning, salt and pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil over each salmon filet. Place under broiler and cook for 8-10 minutes or until salmon is turns lighter pink and flakes with a fork (cooking time for fish always depends on how thick your fish is). Set aside.
- Start assembling your “gyros” by splitting and opening your pita pockets and stuffing with spinach leaves, sliced pepper and onion, and a tablespoon (or two) of Cucumber and Feta Greek Yogurt Dip. Take your salmon and gently flake into large pieces and place into pita sandwiches. Squeeze fresh lemon over salmon pitas and enjoy.