- 2 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- big pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Place flank steak on a large baking sheet or dish and generously rub spice mixture onto both sides of steak. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- While steak is sitting, preheat your grill to medium heat.
- When grill is ready, place steak on rack and close lid. Grill for 7-8 minutes then flip. Close lid and continue to grill for another 7-8 minutes. Take steak off grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing. Best way to slice is at against the grain at an angle.
Use this chart to help you with grilling times. Cook time really depends on preference and thickness of cut. Slicing against the grain is very important for getting tender cuts of meat, read this article on how to slice meat against the grain if you need some help.
Keywords: flank steak, beef, grill