- 2 teaspoons light oil
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup 100% unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Using tongs, place chicken strips into skillet, being careful not to overcrowd pan (you may have to cook in batches for the first part of this recipe if your skillet is not large enough). Brown your chicken on both sides, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Once chicken is browned, remove from pan and place on a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter into skillet and reduce heat to medium. Combine cranberry juice, balsamic vinegar, orange marmalade and dried rosemary in a small bowl and add to pan. Add fresh cranberries to the pan and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes or until cranberries have started to burst and soften. Place chicken strips back into pan and turn so that they get covered in the sauce.
- Let cook on a low simmer for about 5 minutes until sauce is thickened. Taste for salt and pepper and add to taste.
- Serve immediately with mashed sweet potatoes or wild rice.