- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cashews, toasted
1 cup water
1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
6 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely sliced onion (I added extra onion)
1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby bella or button mushrooms (I added 1/2 of another package)
4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta
Chopped parsley (optional)
- Place cashews in a food processor; process until smooth (about 1 minute), scraping sides of bowl once. With processor on, add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Add onions and mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in pecan cream; bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes. Add pasta to pan and toss. Top each serving with sliced chicken breast. Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light