- 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium sweet or Vidalia onion, chopped
- handful of kalamata olives, chopped
- 2–3 cups of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 – 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed (optional)
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make vinaigrette, mix together balsamic vinegar and oil in a small bowl or jelly jar with lid. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle desired amount over salad.
- Adjust amounts of vinegar and olive oil based on how much you like on your salad. I like to use equal parts for a salad like this.
- This recipe made 2 large dinner salads or 3-4 smaller salads.
Keywords: spinach, salad, tomato, mediterranean, olives