- 8 jalapenos, sliced in half longways
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz monterey jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed through garlic press
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off (or about 1/2 cup defrosted or cooked corn)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- good pinch salt and fresh ground pepper
- Take each jalapeno half and carefully clean out all the seeds and membranes using a spoon or paring knife. The insides of some jalapenos can be very hot so use caution, consider wearing gloves.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil.
- In a bowl combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, cumin, garlic, corn, cilantro, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
- Sprinkle a little salt over each jalapeno half. Using a tablespoon, stuff each jalapeno half with cheese mixture and place on cookie sheet. Be careful not to overstuff. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Switch oven to broiler setting and broil for a few minutes till tops are slightly browned.
Keywords: jalapenos, jalapeno, appetizer, vegetarian, cheese, corn