- 1.25 – 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 10 oz container Sabra Classic Hummus
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Franks Red Hot Sauce (use more or less, to taste)
- pinch coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola (optional)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 6 wraps (white or whole wheat, or both)
- Cook chicken by placing chicken breasts in a single layer in a pot, covering with water (about an inch over). Bring water to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer (covered) for about 8-9 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, continuing to cook for about 2 minutes. Take chicken out of water and let cool on a cutting board.
- Once chicken is completely cooled, you can start to prepare your chicken salad. Chop chicken into small pieces and shred by hand or place large cut pieces of chicken into a large mixer and using a paddle, mix until chicken is shredded.
- Add hummus to bowl along with 3 -4 tablespoons of Franks Original Red Hot sauce and stir until completely combined. Stir in blue cheese crumbles if using. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper (or more hot sauce) to adjust.
- Lay your wrap on flat surface (I use a large cutting board) and spread about 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken salad mixture across center of wrap making sure you reach both ends. Add shredded lettuce and carrots over chicken salad, then tightly roll wrap. Using a serrated knife, cut wrap into 4 even slices.
- Arrange on a plate and serve with celery sticks and your favorite veggie dip or ranch dressing (I served these with Sabra Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip and loved it!).