- wild salmon fillets
- blackening season (I use Old Bay Blackened)
- bell peppers (red, green, orange, yellow), sliced thin
- red or yellow onion, sliced thin
- a drizzle of olive oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- hot sauce, for serving
- Toss sliced peppers and onions in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in grill basket over medium-high heat. Let cook for about 10-15 minutes, tossing and checking while it is cooking. You’ll want to keep an eye on your peppers and onions and make sure they are not burning (though a little charred always works for me!).
- Lay a sheet of heavy-duty (make sure it’s heavy-duty!) aluminum foil over medium high grill. Pat dry your salmon fillets and brush with olive oil or cooking spray on both sides. Sprinkle top side liberally with blackening seasoning and place skin side down on aluminum foil on grill. Close lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until salmon has changed color and flakes. Do not overcook, test with a fork if you are not sure. Inside should be just turning pink.