- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped Napa cabbage (few leaves of cabbage)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (about 2 large carrots)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 3 onions)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add ground turkey to a large mixing bowl. Add ginger, carrots, cabbage, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt and pepper to turkey and using your hands and a light touch, gently combine until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a small scoop (1.5 tablespoon) or spoon roll into small meatballs and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare glaze by combining soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and water into a small bowl. Whisk together and let sit so that sugar can dissolve.
- At 10 minutes of cooking time, brush or spoon glaze over each meatball. Bake for another 3-5 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Note: Double recipe for glaze if you want to serve as dipping sauce. Separate and set aside, do not use same sauce for glazing and dipping to avoid cross contamination.