- 2 Delicata squash, cut lengthwise
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 15 oz can cannellini or white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 handfuls fresh spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup panko or bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scoop seeds out of each half of squash. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook for 20-25 minutes. Squash will be soft to the touch.
- While squash is baking, make stuffing for squash:
Heat 1 teaspoons of olive oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onion to pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted. Add rinsed beans to pan and stir, cook until warmed through.
- Spoon stuffing into each squash half.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and Parmesan. Sprinkle evenly over each squash. Place into oven for about 15 minutes until heated through and breadcrumbs and cheese are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with red pepper flakes and extra Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/2 squash
Keywords: delicata squash, squash, spinach, roasted squash