- 4 cups corn kernels (I cut mine off 5 cobs of corn)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 can Bush’s Reduced Sodium Black Beans (use regular black beans if reduced sodium unavailable), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled cojita cheese (use feta if cojita is unavailable)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- small bunch cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat. Add kernels to the pan, season with salt and pepper and quickly saute, just for about 1-2 minutes. Place corn into a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once corn is completely cooled, add your Bush’s Black Beans, red onion, jalapeno and avocado. Add juice of two limes to salad and gently toss to combine. Add cheese, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper and gently toss again.