- 8 oz fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2%
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk, 1%
- 2 lb salmon filets
- Microwave spinach with water, covered, for 3 minutes. Drain, squeezing out as much water as possible.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl combine rice, spinach, salt, and pepper. In another bowl whisk egg, sour cream, yogurt, Parmesan, mustard and lemon juice. Reserve 1/2 cup of sauce for topping on filets.
- Add spinach/rice mixture to sauce in the bowl. Whisk milk into reserved sauce. Transfer rice/spinach mixture to a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Top rice with salmon filets. Drizzle remaining sauce over salmon filets. Top with additional Parmesan cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature registers 150 degrees.
Because my oven runs hot, my dish was cooked and ready in about 25 minutes.
Recipe from Sugar-free Mom: Naturally Sweet and Sugar-free Recipes for the Whole Family