- 1.5 lbs tomatillos, husk removed, cleaned and quartered
- 2 poblano peppers, cut into large pieces
- 1 jalapeno, cut into large pieces
- 2 onions, cut into large pieces
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- large bunch of cilantro
- 2 limes
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place tomatillos, pobalnos, jalapenos and onions into a large bowl. Season with cumin, salt and olive oil and coat evenly using a spoon to mix.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes until soft.
- Once cooled, place ingredients into a large food processor. Add cilantro, juice from 2 limes, a big pinch of coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Process by pulsing 12-15 times or until you reach desired texture. Taste for salt and adjust. Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for tacos, grilled chicken or fish.
Keywords: salsa verde, salsa, tomatillo, jalapeno