- 2lbs boneless chicken breast
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Place chicken breasts and thighs into your slow cooker bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. In a small mixing bowl combine all of your spices. Drizzle olive oil over chicken and sprinkle mixed spices over chicken. Using tongs or your hands, toss chicken making sure that chicken is completely rubbed with seasoning mixture.
- Cook in slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. Once chicken is cooked, carefully shred chicken using two forks. At this time I like to let it sit on low setting in it’s juices for more time to get all the flavors.
I don’t add any liquid to this shredded chicken recipe because from experience I find that the chicken usually produces enough water while cooking. Feel free to add a few tablespoons of water if not adding liquid is a concern for you. Also the chicken cooks pretty quickly which is another reason I don’t add liquid, if it were to be cooking longer some liquid might be necessary.