- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast
- 6–8 tsp of prepared pesto (I used Buitoni for a shortcut)
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes (I prefer the ones not in oil, but either will work)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 tsps olive oil for pan
- Take each chicken breast and place between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a mallet (tenderizer), gently pound chicken till to about 1/4 inch thick cutlets. Cut each chicken cutlet in half into same size pieces. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Drop approximately 1 teaspoon of prepared pesto onto the center of each chicken cutlet, spread pesto. Lay a few pieces of sun dried tomatoes over pesto. Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese over the sun dried tomatoes. Starting from the smaller side, roll cutlet being careful to keep filling inside. At this time you can seal the opening with a toothpick if you’d like. These can be made ahead up until this point. Place in dish and wrap in plastic wrap, store in the fridge for a few hours until ready to cook.
- Heat 1-2 tsp olive oil in an oven proof skillet and gently place each chicken roll in hot pan. Cook each side until golden brown, using tongs to gently turn rolls. Once all sides of chicken are seared to golden brown, place oven proof skillet into pre heated oven of 375 degrees. If you do not have an oven proof skillet, just transfer chicken into a baking dish greased with nonstick spray.
- Cook chicken in oven for appoximately 20 -25 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through. This recipe made 6 chicken rolls, 1-2 for each person.
- Serve chicken rolls with salad, veggies or pasta!