- 1 box whole wheat penne or spiral pasta
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 15 oz cans diced Italian or Fire Roasted tomatoes (I used one of each)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 round of Boursin cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Add pasta and cook while preparing sauce. Drain and set aside when done.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pat shrimp dry, season with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat on each side or until pink. Take out of pan and set aside, reserving some of the pasta water to add to sauce.
- Add garlic and onion to same pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until onions soft and fragrant. Add diced tomatoes to pan and cook together for 5-7 minutes. Add cup of frozen peas to sauce and gently stir to combine. Add shrimp, cooked and drained pasta to tomatoes along with a little pasta water if needed (if tomatoes cook too long they may become dry, the pasta water will fix this). Lower heat and add Boursin cheese to pan and gently toss to combine until sauce is creamy. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve with red pepper flakes and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.