- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes (rehydrated in a warm bowl of water for 3–5 minutes)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook orzo according to directions. In the last 2 minutes of cooking time, add frozen peas to pot. Once pasta is cooked, drain well and return to pot.
- Add pesto and hydrated sun dried tomatoes to pot and gently stir until sauce is evenly distributed. Season with coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Keywords: orzo, pasta, pesto, peas, sundried tomatoes, vegetarian