- 1.5 lb mixed potatoes (I bought a small bag of variety potatoes – blue, red, yellow)
- 2–3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard (I used Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Cut potatoes into even sized pieces (halves and thirds, depending on size of potatoes). Place in a pot, cover with water, add salt to water and place on medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce just a bit and cook for about 6-8 minutes (time will depend on size, so you will want to check potatoes during cooking process too). Test for doneness, should be fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and set back in pot to cool. Splash with 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar while potatoes are still warm (will absorb best this way).
- Once potatoes have cooled, mix mustard, mayonnaise, chives, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potatoes to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust. Serve at room temperature or chilled.