- 3 lbs fresh shrimp (with shell)
- 3–4 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
For the salad:
- 1/4–1/3 cup light mayo
- good pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Old Bay, to taste
- Steam shrimp in large pot with water, vinegar and old bay for 2 -3 minutes or until shrimp are pink. Drain and set aside to chill. (You can do all of this ahead of time and put in refrigerator). Peel and devein shrimp, then chop and place in large mixing bowl.
- To chopped shrimp add mayo (start with 1/4 cup, add more if needed), celery, salt and lemon. Gently combine and sprinkle a bit of Old Bay to shrimp mixture and taste. Add more salt or Old Bay if needed.
- Enjoy on rolls, rye bread or on it’s own over a bed of greens.