Quick, easy and healthy! This Asian Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry from The Weekday Lunches & Breakfasts Cookbook is a great addition to your weekday lunch or dinner rotation.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light flavored oil or refined coconut oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 3 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- Cooked rice for serving (optional)
- Heat large stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil, and let it warm for a few seconds. Add the onion strips and let them cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and stir. Push the garlic and onion to the outside of the pan.
- Pour the remaining oil in the center of the skillet. Add the chicken. Spread across the skillet and sprinkle with cornstarch. Cook without stirring for 2 minutes, until browned, and then use a sturdy metal spatula to lift and flip each piece of chicken. Cook for 1 minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, stir together the soy sauce, honey and chili paste. Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the broccoli on top of the other ingredients and cover with lid. Cook for 2 minutes. The broccoli should be bright green and barely softened. Remove the lid and stir, scraping up any bits of sauce or meat from the bottom of the skillet. Simmer 1 minute to thicken the sauce, stirring frequently. Serve on its own or over rice, if desired.
Great for meal prep: Store this in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove. This can be stored in one large container or portioned into individual servings for storage and reheating.
Note: Boneless skinless chicken breasts can be used in place of thighs in this recipe (I used chicken breast because it’s what I had in freezer). However, breasts will cook faster, so take care not to overcook.