- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- lemon pepper seasoning (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used a cherry infused vinegar)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Heat grill (or grill pan) over medium high heat.
- Rub chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season liberally with salt, pepper and/or lemon pepper seasoning (if using). If you opt for lemon pepper seasoning, check the salt content and adjust the amount of salt you season with.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, 4-5 minutes on each side. Let rest for at least 5 minutes on a plate, covered in aluminum foil.
- While chicken is grilling, prepare your salad. Whisk balsamic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Add red onion, cherries and arugula and gently toss to combine. Serve your salad over sliced grilled chicken.
Recipe slightly adapted from Clean Slate.
Tip from Clean Slate: if you don’t have a cherry pitter, use a chef’s knife. Gently press down on each cherry with the side of the blade and remove the pit with your fingers.