- 1 1/2 pounds fresh, ripe tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 or 2 jalapeños, seeded and cut in large pieces (1 or 2 jalapeños depends on your desired heat level)
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 handful (1 cup) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Before adding the tomatoes to the food processor, gently squeeze out juices (this will avoid salsa becoming to watery). Cut the onions into large pieces.
- Add the tomatoes to the KitchenAid® 14-Cup Food Processor along with onion, jalapeño, juice of two limes, olive oil and fresh cilantro. Season the batch of tomatoes, onions and jalapeños with cumin, a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Process salsa by hitting the Pulse button of the KitchenAid® Food Processor 15-20 times, until it is at the consistency you are looking for.
- Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if necessary.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days for best flavor.