- 32 oz jar of good quality sauce (or 4 cups homemade sauce)
- 1 3/4 lb – 2 lb chicken breasts
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 13 oz box of whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta
- red pepper flakes, for serving – optional
- Parmesan cheese, for serving – optional
- Add sauce to slow cooker. Place chicken breasts on top of sauce. Season chicken with salt, pepper and oregano. Using tongs, flip chicken breasts over in sauce so that they have sauce on both sides. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, prepare spaghetti as directed. Just before spaghetti is done, about 3 minutes, add broccoli to pasta water with pasta while it finishes its cooking.
- When pasta is cooked, drain pasta and broccoli in a large colander. Using two forks, gently shred up chicken in crockpot and incorporate into sauce. Add pasta and broccoli to slow cooker and along with ricotta. Using forks, gently toss spaghetti with sauce, chicken and ricotta until fully incorporated. Ready to serve!
- Serve with red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese if desired.