- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 – 1.25 lb chicken breast
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 can Bush’s Cannellini Beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 handfuls spinach, torn
- 1 package mini gnocchi
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large heavy bottomed soup pot. Add celery, onion and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add whole chicken breasts, chicken stock, water and carrots to the pot, season with a big pinch of salt and pepper, increase heat to medium high and bring to a slow boil. Let boil for about 5 minutes then reduce to medium low heat and let simmer.
- Open your can of cannellini beans and drain off top liquid. Using a fork, mash beans in can (or if you find easier, use a bowl) until they are completely mashed into a puree. Add beans along with dried thyme and parsley to soup.
- Let soup continue to cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken breasts are fully cooked. Carefully take chicken breasts out and place onto a cutting board. Let cool for a minute. Slice and chop chicken breasts into small pieces and add back into soup. At this time add spinach and package of mini gnocchi. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 5 more minutes, taste and adjust for seasoning and serve.
Keywords: gnocchi, soup, chicken