- 4 salmon filets (about 1 lb)
- blackening seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Sunkist Cara Cara oranges, peeled and chopped
- 2 Sunkist Minneola Tangelos, peeled and chopped
- 1 Sunkist Meyer Lemon, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Prepare citrus salsa by combining chopped citrus (with juices), cilantro, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place salmon filets on a baking sheet. Season top side (side without skin) liberally with blackening seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Carefully place each salmon filet into skillet. If your salmon does not have skin (I had skin removed at seafood counter), season second side of salmon while in pan. Cook 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes (this depends on how thick your salmon is, approximately 8 minutes total cook time for 1″ thickness – carefully watch so you don’t overcook). Turn off heat and let sit for 1 minute to finish cooking.
- Serve blackened salmon with spoonfuls of citrus salsa over whole grain wild rice.
Use whatever combination of citrus you have on hand!
I like using Chef Prudhomme Blackened Redfish Magic for my seasoning.
Keywords: salmon, citrus