- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 –3 big handfuls chopped kale (I used lacinato kale, but use whatever kale you have)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded chicken (use rotisserie or any leftover chicken you have)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (plus extra for serving)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add kale to skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until kale starts to wilt.
- Add quinoa to skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add shredded chicken and barbecue sauce to kale and quinoa and stir fry for another 2 minutes until everything is combined and heated through.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce if you wish.