- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Nakano rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- small pinch salt and pepper (optional)
For the “crisps”:
- 4–6 wonton wrappers, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Prepare mushrooms by heating wok or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add oil, then mushrooms, salt and pepper. Saute for 8-10 minutes until mushrooms cooked through.
- In a large bowl add cabbage, carrots, green onions, and fresh ginger. Drizzle oils, rice vinegar and soy sauce and gently but thoroughly toss together . Add slightly cooled mushrooms to salad and toss again. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- To prepare the wonton croutons: Heat oil in a large non stick pan. Add wonton strips to pan. Cook and toss in pan until browned and crisp. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Add to salad.