My 12 Favorite Meals Of 2012

by Aggies Kitchen on December 30, 2012

My Favorite Food 2012

I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to pull off a “best of 2012″ type post this year, but as I started looking back at all the food cooked up over the last 12 months, I couldn’t help but pick more than a few favorites to share with you. I decided to go month-by-month and choose my favorite from each month. Some months were harder to choose from than others. Some months I wonder if I cooked at all. ;)

January – Salmon and Veggie Stir Fry

February – Greek Salad and Hummus Pita Pizza

March – Creamy Egg Salad with Capers

April – Grilled Summer Squash Pizza

May – Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

June – Summer Squash Fritters

July – Pasta Salad Caprese with Roasted Garlic and Balsamic Dressing

August – Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Roasted Peppers and Eggplant

September – Zucchini, Red Onion and Black Bean Quesadillas

October – Roasted Red Potatoes with Smoked Paprika

November – Maple Roasted Fall Vegetables with Chicken Apple Sausage

December – Sesame Noodles with Edamame and Kale

There were lots of frittatas, super salads, and pita pizzas eaten this year, as well as a few soups and sandwiches too. You all seemed to really like these Broiled Salmon Gyros and Hot Black Bean Fiesta Dip and these simple Red Wine Berry Spritzers – I did too.

It’s been a good year. We ate well. I took a few trips, some together as a family, some alone with my husband and a couple to play with my blogger friends. I also read a lot. One of the major perks of having a blog is having this online diary of photos, words, and recipes to look back and reflect on. I love it and am thankful for it all.

I feel incredibly blessed – and after a restful holiday season spent with my family, I’m really looking forward to kicking off 2013. I love the feeling of starting fresh, with new (and not so new) goals to work towards. I’m all about self growth and am constantly looking to better myself, which is probably why I always look forward to the start of a new season, or at this time, a new year.

I want to wish you and your loved ones a very Happy and Healthy New Year! Thank you so much for reading, and being a part of my Aggie’s Kitchen world! xoxo

photo

The Goodmans – Christmas Day, 2012

Erica December 30, 2012 at 2:51 pm

CUTE family picture!! Such a great year of eats for you. The Greek Salad and Hummus Pita Pizza is my favorite. Nom nom nom. Have a great new years!

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:16 pm

thank you Erica – hope you and the fam have a great new year! xo

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:17 pm

oh, and that Greek Salad and Hummus Pizza – so I glad I went back and saw it because I will be eating those the next week for sure :)

Kim | At Home With Kim December 30, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Aggie, I’m SO glad you did a year end post. LOVE this. Beautiful photos as always!! Umm, and I’m totally using this post to plan my next few weeks menu plans. :) You just made me very hungry. YUM!!! Happy New Year Friend!!

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:17 pm

thank you friend! :) xo

Kristina December 30, 2012 at 4:23 pm

what a delicious year you’ve had! I found you in in best of ’12 feed on our fb page – and I am looking forward to seeing more in ’13! cheers and happy new year!

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:15 pm

oh Kristina, thank you for stopping by! Cheers back to you! Happy 2013!

Tiffany December 30, 2012 at 4:30 pm

We had a lot of fritattas, soups, and salads too. Maybe it was a 2012 thing :) Great pictures!

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Ha – maybe that’s what it was. I was laughing because I feel like that’s all I’ve been eating for a year! :) Have a happy new year!!

leslie December 30, 2012 at 4:50 pm

You’re healthy…..sigh. i strive to be more like you next year :)
Everything looks so delicious and good for you!!! YUM
Hope you are having a fabulous Holiday Season Aggie!

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Love ya Leslie – SO happy we finally got to meet in person this year! I hope it happens again in 2013! xoxo

Liz @ The Lemon Bowl December 30, 2012 at 6:07 pm

I want to eat everything you posted!!! I missed the cabbage casserole – can’t wait to go check that one out. And you’re right – I loved the salmon gyro post. I think that’s officially when I fell in love with you. :) Happy New Year my friend!! xoxoxo

Aggies Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 6:19 pm

ah, you make me smile big! love you friend and glad we got to know each other better this year. Happiest of new year’s to you! xo

Amy December 30, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Loving all the round-ups…reminds me of how many recipes I loved, or ones I missed that I must make. Happy New Year to you and your family, Aggie! <3

JulieD December 30, 2012 at 7:11 pm

So many of the recipes that were memorable for me too!! Aggie, I love this picture of you and your family!! You need to get it printed and framed!! I’m looking forward to 2013 for both of us! Can’t wait to spend some together next month!!!

Valerie @ From Valerie's Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 8:03 pm

That is a great collection of posts Aggie! Happy New Year to you and I look forward to following along in 2013 :)

Denise @ Creative Kitchen December 30, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Aggie….

LOVE the picture! A lot of amazing flavors and tastes going on in these recipes. I love greek anything. Mmm…..

and yes to roasted veggies, and yes to paprika, and yes to hummus, yes to egg salad, and yes to fritters. Thanks for sharing recipes to inspire healthy eating into this new year.

Happy New Year Friend…..hope to see you again this year! ;)

bellini December 31, 2012 at 5:00 am

I hope that 2013 is rich in experiences, filled with love, happiness and good food just like this Aggie. Have a safe and happy New Year. Smile often and those around you will too.

Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen December 31, 2012 at 9:51 am

Happy New Year, Aggie!! What a fabulous family photo! :) Now would someone please pass me a fritter?

Bev @ Bev Cooks December 31, 2012 at 9:54 am

2013 = MEET YOU. xoxox.

Deborah December 31, 2012 at 11:30 am

Happy New Year, Aggie! I’m so glad to call you a friend. :)

Kim Bee December 31, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Such a gorgeous round up of your recipes. I think I bookmarked every one of them. Those smoked paprika potatoes are on my list for January. They look wicked good. Great photo of you and your family. Happy New Year Aggie!

Cassie | Bake Your Day December 31, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I love how you did it by the month. Perfect! Can’t wait for 2013 – we must meet face to face! Happy New Year, Aggie, xoxo!

megan @ whatmegansmaking December 31, 2012 at 2:04 pm

your family is so cute!! So glad I got to “know” you this year – you certainly had a delicious year on your blog :)

Wendy @ AMFT December 31, 2012 at 2:14 pm

The Greek Salad is calling my name! I just love your list. YUM!

Nikki @Pennies on a Platter December 31, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Beautiful spread! And, beautiful family! :) Happy new year!

Bree December 31, 2012 at 5:25 pm

I absolutely love all your recipes-What a great blog! Happy New Year!

Carolyn January 1, 2013 at 8:09 am

Oh, I have to try that salmon and veggie stir fry! Pinning!

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen January 1, 2013 at 10:24 am

Happy New Year Aggie! So glad to get to know you a little better this year. Your food inspires me to eat healthier!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies January 1, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Happy New Year to you! I’m so glad I discovered your blog this year. And that sesame noodle recipe! :D

Dan January 2, 2013 at 7:53 am

Happy New Year! This selection of dishes looks very appetizing… Best Wishes to you and your lovely family!

Karen McDonald January 2, 2013 at 9:53 am

Your Greek Salad and Hummus pita have become a staple meal for my husband and I. If you are reading this and have not yet tried it, make it today!

katie January 2, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Love your monthly round-up! Happy New Year!