Last year, through the power of Facebook, I met Eileen from Scarlet Threads. I think that particular day I had posted a picture of a pretty new apron I had bought myself from Anthropologie. The apron must of caught Eileen’s eye because she then shared with me a link to the fair trade organization that she along with her sister-in-law Carrie and a few others work with called Scarlet Threads. What makes Scarlet Threads so special is not just their products (though, I must say I have fallen in love with their beautiful hand-made aprons!), but the story behind it. The seamstresses that work for ST are women who come from a poor village in China, who are trying to make a living to provide for their families. Since ST follows the Fair Trade movement, these women are treated with integrity and paid fairly, not pennies like they do in some traditional trade models (aka “sweat shops”). ST empowers these women to embrace their talents by working under fair conditions, making a living and being positive role models for their children.
Kinda makes ya feel good doesn’t it?
How beautiful and fun is this little number…
Do you want one?
Well, Scarlet Threads is giving away the “Daphne” apron to one of my readers this week. All you have to do is leave a comment here after visiting the Scarlet Threads Shop and tell me your favorite item. It can be an apron, a cute little girl dress, or purse. If you see something you like, Scarlet Threads is exclusively offering Aggie’s Kitchen readers their own 20% off coupon code…just type in “aggieskitchen” at checkout to receive your discount!
Of course there are ways to earn additional entries…here are all the details.
Giveaway: Scarlet Threads “Daphne” apron
Starts today and ends Friday, April 22 at midnight (EST)
To enter into the giveaway:
Leave a comment on this post sharing your favorite item in the Scarlet Threads Shop.
Sorry, giveaway open to US readers only.
Additional Entries can be earned by:
1. Become a fan of Scarlet Threads on Facebook. “Like” them and then come back and leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
2. Follow Scarlet Threads on Twitter, then come back to this page and leave a separate comment telling me you did so. (if you arleady follow, let me know, that counts as an entry!)
3. Become a fan of Aggie’s Kitchen on Facebook. “Like” Aggie’s Kitchen then come back to this page and leave a separate comment telling me you did so. (if you already “like”, let me know, that counts as an entry!)
4. Follow @AggiesKitchen on Twitter, then come back to this page and leave a separate comment telling me you did so. (if you already follow, let me know, that counts as an entry!)
5. Share about giveaway and link back to this post on Facebook, Twitter or your own blog and leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
And if you thought I could write a whole post without one mention of food, you’re wrong!
My Spinach and Orzo Salad with Cranberries and Almonds is the featured Tasty Tuesday recipe over on the Scarlet Threads blog! This is one of my favorite salads ever…I warn you, it’s addicting.