Cranberry White Chocolate Pecan Oatmeal Cookies

by Aggies Kitchen on December 9, 2009

IMG_8613

I love discovering new food blogs.  I must come across a dozen some days (especially since I started “channel surfing” with Stumble)…but it’s only once in a while that a new one really catches your interest and sucks you in.  You don’t realize it until you have clicked on numerous recipes or are reading each post in entirety.  And it’s usually at least 25 minutes later.  Are you following me?

I came across a new blog just the other day from reading the comments that were left on my cookbook giveaway post (which by the way is still going on until Thursday at 10pm!).  I like to visit any new reader who is nice enough to leave a comment…but I also admit, her name drew me in too.  Wonder Woman.  I have always loved Wonder Woman.

IMG_8600

So happy I visited “Wonder Woman” because I instantly fell in love with this cookie.  For one, it’s a drop cookie and that is a HUGE plus.  But also, the combination of everything in it was just perfect.  Dried cranberries, white chocolate, oatmeal AND pecans.  Um, yea, my kind of cookie for sure.  AND she mentioned it was her newest favorite cookie.  I was sold.  Lucky for me I had everything I needed in my pantry, so I baked a batch of these babies this afternoon.  The kids loved them and so did I.  And with my new found spirit of baking and getting the sweets out of the house as soon as possible, I packed up a few cookies and will be leaving them with some friends tomorrow.

IMG_8638

IMG_8364

And don’t worry…I stashed a few aside for my cookie lovin’ kids..

IMG_8622

1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine butter and brown sugar in a mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, beating until just barely combined. Then stir in the cranberries, white chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.

Drop by rounded teasponfuls onto the parchment paper lined cookie sheet and sprinkle the tops with a few leftover cranberries or white chocolate chips if you want.

Bake for exactly 10 minutes. Remove from the oven – cookies will be slightly golden brown around the edges and the middles will look underdone. But trust me on this one – it will give you soft, chewy cookies once they cool. Or just slightly gooey cookies if you can’t wait. Like me. Makes 2 dozen cookies.

IMG_8627

Maria December 9, 2009 at 8:29 pm

Those are the cutest little packages. I would love to receive one of those! The cookies look amazing. I am going to check out that blog!

Bellini Valli December 9, 2009 at 8:58 pm

These are my kind of cookie Aggie. I love the oats hidden in there as well.

Melissa December 9, 2009 at 9:29 pm

“And it’s usually at least 25 minutes later. Are you following me?”

Yes! That happens to me too. I remember a major one – Jen at userealbutter.com. The first time I visited her page, I read for like two hours. She’s become a good friend in the last year too, so bonus.

I love these cookies as well – oatmeal base is my favorite… then you have fruit, nuts, white chocolate instead of milk or dark… yeah. Gimme.

anne December 9, 2009 at 9:51 pm

I always love your posts and photos, can’t wait to visit wonder woman! anne

fittingbackin December 9, 2009 at 10:10 pm

Um, yum! Those look so textured and fabulous – I love cookies with oatmeal in t hem!

Misty December 9, 2009 at 11:05 pm

Yummy yummy yummy I want those cookies in my tummy! They look precious all packaged up with your label. I’m going to check out wonder woman right now!

Jamie December 9, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Aggie,
Can you mail me one of those cookie packages? They are so cute. What lucky friends you have. Those look like some super good cookies and Gina looks so cute eating one. Now, I want to make these cookies too. Too much baking to do, not enough time.

Erica December 10, 2009 at 6:26 am

I LOVE thicker cookies. These look fantastic. I actually opened your blog up just as Josh was finishing the last of the cookies I baked this weekend….coincidence? I think not ;) Love those tags on the gifts- too cute!

Diana @ frontyardfoodie December 10, 2009 at 11:31 am

You always make me second guess my veganism with your amazing recipe photos! haha.

Those look incredible.

teresa December 10, 2009 at 12:56 pm

food blog surfing really is fun, i feel like i’ve met some awesome people through the food blog network! these cookies look incredible, no wonder you love them so much!

Jenny Flake December 10, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Beautiful Aggie! I am doing some cookies tonight too!

HoneyB December 11, 2009 at 5:39 am

These look great! I totally know what you mean about finding new food blogs!

Carrie December 23, 2009 at 7:32 pm

yum! my mom does cranberry white chocolate walnut oatmeal cookies sometimes but pecans are my favorite nuts so i may just have to switch up mom’s recipe and put in pecans instead.

Jim T May 12, 2011 at 12:48 pm

25 minutes? More like 2 hours, usually, when I realized I’ve gotten completely pulled in by a new food blog.

These look quite tasty; I love the combination of cranberry and white chocolate. I’m actually bringing something very similar (Chunky Lolas from the Flour Bakery Cookbook. These pantry cookies (pop in whatever is floating around in your cupboards) are my favorite go-to cookies; they help you get rid of ingredients and they’re addictive. See you this Saturday!

Ninette May 15, 2011 at 4:54 pm

They look delicious!

amy January 19, 2012 at 8:18 pm

made a batch today and they are really good – I did use semi sweet chocolate instead of white chocolate and I did add some ground flax seed for added health benefits. I liked them because they are not too sweet and I love the balance with the dark chocolate and the tartness of the dried cranberries. thanks, amy

cindy January 24, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I do love cookies–this looks like an awesome combination. I will make it soon.

Kristi December 7, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Now I know what I’m going to make this weekend! :-) I have all the ingredients in my pantry and I’ve been looking for a way to use my dried cranberries! I’m pinning this one!

Shannon December 23, 2013 at 8:33 am

The recipe sounded great and I tried it. Not so good. It needs way more sweetness and probably more vanilla extract. Rather tasteless overall. Also, when reviewing a recipe, could people please actually MAKE the recipe before commenting? Yes, the recipe looks fantastic – it doesn’t mean it will be.

Aggies Kitchen December 28, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the cookies but these are one of my favorites! I am not into super sugary sweet baked goods so maybe you can adjust to your liking. And most of the comments on my blog aren’t “reviews”. In 5 1/2 years of blogging, most comments are just that – comments (from friends, regular readers and new readers!), including reviews from those who have made the recipe and wanted to leave feedback (like yours!). My blog has always been a place for conversation on whatever I’m cooking and posting about food and life and I’m lucky that I’ve met a lot of wonderful people over the years with the comment section. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your feedback, happy new year!